4-5 lb. pork roast (any cut) (alternately can be used with any pork like ribs, chops, etc.)
2 medium onions, sliced
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 garlic clove, minced (alternately use ¼ tsp. dried garlic)
1 tsp. soy sauce
½ C. hot water
1 whole clove
2 small bay leaves (alternately 1 large bay leave)
*Brown pork in a large skillet; seasoning lightly with salt and pepper. In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, garlic, soy sauce, and water. Place 1 sliced onion in bottom of slow cooker. Add browned pork on top. Place remaining sliced onion, clove and bay leave(s) on top of pork. Pour liquid mixture over pork and cover. Cook on Low for 10 hours (alternately 5-6 hours on high).
*The pork does not necessarily have to be browned prior to placing in slow cooker.
For pork that melts in your mouth this recipe will not disappoint.
Sorry I am finally getting around to posting something. Since Mare asked I thought I would post something to do with pork. I have used this recipe for all different kinds of pork cuts. Last week I used it with ribs and it was delicious. I am usually too lazy to brown it first and it still comes out great. I sometimes double the liquid though. I hope if you try it you like it.
Corn Salad
2 weeks ago
MMmmmm. . . YAY! Thanks Julie! I have a blank spot in my menu tomorrow so I'll be cooking this! What sides do you usually serve it with? I'll have to post a review! :)
ReplyDeleteLast time after the pork was done I shredded it and then put just a little stir fry sauce on it and we had it with rice and green beans from my garden. I am pretty boring with the sides, usually I am in a hurry to just get everybody fed. Especially after cooking all day for work.
ReplyDeleteWell I tried your recipe out on weds and everyone loved it! I was a little worried about putting the cloves in and bay leaf but Todd said I could definitely put it on the rotation. The meat was sooo tender! Thanks for the great recipe julie! Oh and I just served it with sweet potatoes and green beans so my sides aren't too exciting either :)
ReplyDelete