
Here's a granola recipe I found last summer. I made it a bunch throughout the summer and fall and then kind of forgot about it. So if I get time today, I'll make some :) Todd and I both really like it. I've also played around a little with the amount of honey and oil--I've reduced both by half before and the recipe is really forgiving. Also it's granola so you can pretty much add or leave out whatever you want! Hope you like it!
ps--don't overcook it! Not nearly as tasty :)
Cinnamon Walnut Granola
7 1/2 C rolled oats
1 C Walnuts, chopped
1 C golden raisins (I've only ever used regular raisins)
1/2 C ground flax seed
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C olive oil
1/2 C honey
1/2 T cinnamon
1 T vanilla
Preheat oven to 275. In a big bowl, combine oats, raisins, nuts and flaxseed. In microwavable bowl, blend together sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon. Cook on high in microwave until mixture starts bubbling. Remove, add vanilla and stir. Pour over oat mixture and mix well. Thinly spread on baking sheet. Bake for 15 min. Stir and return to oven for another 15 minutes or until oats are toasted. Cool thoroughly.
Makes 20 servings
12.3 g fat, 288 cal per serving
No comments:
Post a Comment