Green Fruit Smoothie:
1 frozen banana
3-4 frozen strawberries
handful of frozen blueberries
1-2 handfulls of spinach
8 oz water
1 scoop protein shake
ice cubes--opt
Place ingredients in blender in order. Crush in blender until smooth.
Okay, finally back online. My computer has been in the shop and I've really missed it! I've started working out with Chaleme Extreme this month. Our trip to Pueblo really got me off track cause we ate all kinds of yummy treats but I'm back on track! Anyway, I found this recipe on a blog of a girl who completed the Chalene Extreme workout so I thought I would give it a try. I usually drink it before I workout. It's actually pretty good but here are two tips:
1) You must use the banana!!! I made it without and it was not nearly as tasty. If you don't use it try to use more strawberries.
2) Use baby spinach. The first week I drank it I used spinach from a big bunch and it tasted really strong. The baby spinach is much better.
Maybe these are common sense but I thought I'd pass them along.:)
Corn Salad
2 weeks ago
Keep the healthy recipes coming (even though I plan on putting in yummy, gooey, and bad for you one's too). What brand of protien do you use?
ReplyDeleteWe just finished a bottle of protein from Walmart. Just the pure whey kind. I don't love it so I've been looking for something new on slickdeals.net. Once in a while they'll post some great deals for protein.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, you've already given me too many "bad" recipes. We made your caramel apples last night. Wow yummy! I had to hide them from myself today so I would stay away :)