Friday, October 9, 2009

Zucchini Bread

3 C flour
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
3 t cinnamon
3 eggs
1/2 C oil
1/2 C applesauce
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
3 t vanilla
2-3 C grated zucchini

Grease and flour 2 bread pans. Preheat oven to 325.

Sift flour, salt, soda, pwd and cinnamon together in a bowl.

Beat eggs, oil, applesauce, and sugars together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well. Stir in zucchini until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.

Bake for 40-50 minutes. Cool in pan on rack for about 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan and cool completely.

I got this recipe from allrecipes.com and have made it quite a few times. I really like it! I've tried omitting all the oil and replacing with all applesauce and it was little rubbery but still okay. I've also reduced the sugar and you can't really tell. It freezes really well and I actually like it better out of the freezer. Sometimes I throw in a few chocolate chips for fun too! Give it a try if you've still got some zucchini to use up!

No comments:

Post a Comment