I just remembered this invite that Mare gave and I had no idea that it was a recipe blog. This will be fun. This tells you how slow I am at getting around to things. I will try to contribute often. I just printed this recipe. I thought it sounded good and figured many of you would have a few extra tomatoes lying around.
TUSCAN TOMATO SOUP
3 T. Olive oil
2 large onions, diced small
5 C. diced and seeded tomatoes
2 C. chicken stock
1-1/2 C heavy cream
1 C. basil pesto (I know you can buy it in the store, but I found a recipe on-line that I used for something else I made. Let me know and I can share.)
salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a med. soup pot. Add onions and cook over moderatly low heat until completely translucent. add tomatoes and allow to warm to a simmer. Add chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 15 minutes to allow for interchange of flavors. Add whipping cream (I don't think that I will add this much, but I am sure it will make it taste wonderful if you do.) Add pesto. Blend to a desired consistency in a food processor or blender. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
This is what the recipe states, but when I watched it on TV I thought they blended it before adding the cream. I am going to try this this week because I think mom is sending me some tomatoes with James. I will let you know how it is and if you should go through the trouble of making it. Glad to be blogging again. I still need another invite for Skinnertopia because it will not let me post or comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds yummy! Let me know if you like it.
ReplyDeleteAs Hunter would say, "This wasn't the best," but it was okay and was better each day it was in the fridge.
ReplyDelete